What type of information does ARF collect?
We collect personal information to offer and administer our services and products. We have been recommending insurance solutions for the local market for a number of years and, it is our aim at ARF, to source and provide our clients with insurance programmes that are innovative and comprehensive in coverage and yet competitive in pricing. Personal Data collected about you (and/or other individuals in the policy) may include:
- General identification and contact information, including but not limited to your name; address; e-mail and telephone details; gender; marital status; date of birth; driving records; Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies such as Identity card number, passport number.
- Financial information and account detail such as payment card number for payment purposes.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services including but not limited to location and identification of property insured (for example, property address, vehicle license plate or identification number); age categories of individuals you wish to insure.
When you request insurance quotations, we ask that you provide accurate and necessary information to enable us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use, storage and disclosure of this information to appropriate third parties for the purposes described in this Policy.
While the personal information we collect may come directly from you, it may also be provided by our affiliates or other third parties (such as employers, insurance companies, motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities, financial institutions, medical professionals, etc.). If you are providing personal information relating to other individuals (such as employees, dependents, etc.), you represent and warrant that you have the authority to provide the information to ARF and confirm that you have obtained the consent of the owner of such personal data to provide information to ARF.
How does ARF use your personal information?
The personal information we collect may be used to:
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Process, assess and determine any applications or requests made by you for insurance products or services including any renewals.
- Request and collect premiums, payments, or debts;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Determine eligibility and process applications for products and services;
- Underwrite risks in relation to a contract of insurance;
- Understand and assess ongoing insurance needs and offer products and services to meet those needs that may be beneficial to you
- Deliver or mail of certificates, correspondence, statements, invoices, reports or notices to youwhich may disclose certain personal data about you on the envelopes/mail packages;
- Notify you about special offers and insurance -related products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Comply with any laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, codes of practice, orders or requests by any court, regulatory, law enforcement authority or other government official (local or foreign) and internal policies and procedures;
With your consent, we may also use your personal information for additional purposes related to insurance which may be beneficial to you.
Use of ARF Website
ARF automatically receives and records information from your browser on our server logs, including but not limited to your Internet protocol address (IP address), cookie information and the page requested. Should you wish to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
We disclose personal information only to business partners that are necessary to provide our insurance products and services.
In order to provide services to you, ARF may share your Personal Data with our partners or third party service providers. They are subject to confidentiality obligations and may use the Personal Data only to perform the necessary functions, but not for other purposes. We may also disclose personal information where there is a legal obligation to do so, required or authorised under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 or any other written law.
We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use.
Does ARF have security measures in place to protect your information?
ARF has implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards to protect personal information from unauthorised access, accidental loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We are also maintaining CCTV’s within and around ARF premises for added security.
Our business partners and service providers are equally bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
How can you access and update your information?
Please note that some Personal Data may be exempt from access, correction, objection, deletion or suppression rights in accordance with local privacy and data protection laws. ARF takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. ARF relies on personal information to provide products and services and you shall ensure that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and correct. If you find any personal data that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you must promptly inform us of the changes to such personal data. You can access or update your personal information in the following ways.
Contact us at the e-mail or postal address listed in the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of this Policy. Please include your current contact information, your requested changes and/or the information you are interested in accessing. We will provide you access to the personal information requested, subject to reasonable limitations provided by law, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals.
If we do not provide you with access, we will provide you with the reason for refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon.
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information, make any correction to such Personal Data, or withdraw any consent that you have previously given to us in relation to your personal data, you can contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
ARF (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
7 Maxwell Road #01-100
Annexe B MND Complex
Please note that:
- Any withdrawal of consents are subject to there being no legal or contractual restrictions preventing you from doing so; and
- The withdrawal of certain consents may result in our inability to continue to provide certain products or services or in the termination of a contract or contracts entered into with us, and we hereby reserve our rights in such event.
- Please note that we will require a period of 30 days for us to update and process your request. Within these 30 days you may still receive marketing materials and other product information from us.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy so that you will be aware of our privacy practices. This Policy was last updated on 22/10/18.